- Afang /Okazi leave (shredded) – medium size
- Meat (1kg)
- Smoked fish – medium size
- Water leaves (already picked) – 2 medium heaps
- Stock fish (cooked) – 4 medium pieces.
- Snails (washed) – 4 large size
- Periwinkle (shelled/unshelled) – 1 cup
- Fresh pepper (ground) – 4 medium size
- Crayfish (ground) – 1 cup
- Maggi crayfish x 1
- Palm oil – 5 cups
- Water/stock – 3 cups
- Salt – (discretional)
Wash, season and boil the meat till cooked. Pound the shredded Okazi/Afang leaves in a mortar or grind till the strands are fine. Bone and wash the fish and set aside. Wash the water leaves thoroughly and cut into small pieces. Pour into the meat pot, add the snails, fish and stockfish and steam for about 5 minutes. Add crayfish, the ground Okazi/Afang leaves, pepper, Maggi crayfish and oil, stir thoroughly. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock or water. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring at intervals. Taste and add salt if necessary. Remove from heat after 15 minutes. Serve with fufu/eba/semo/pounded yam.